Admission to The BHY is, and always will be, free of charge.
BEHAVIOUR AFFECTS YOUR ATTENDANCE
… and this could affect your chance of participating in trips and residential experiences.
Activity Selection Policy
Summer Holiday 2018 – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
My child hasn’t received a letter about the summer activities?
One of the two following answers will apply:
- Your child has not been reserved any places because their attendance was not high enough, they are however able get any remaining tickets when they go LIVE on Monday 16th July at 9am.
- Your child has not collected their letter from The BHY sign-in desk, please ask The BHY staff at your child’s youth club to check.
You will need to ask directly at the front desk to receive the letter.
What are the meeting times or kit list for the trip?
Final Arrangements, Meeting Times & Kit Lists will be slightly different for each activity day and will be emailed to the email address provided on Eventbrite no later than Friday 20th July 2018. (A printed copy will be available on request from any BHY Sign-in desk). It is your responsibility to check your emails regularly and request further information/advice from The BHY. We will endeavour to post LIVE timings to our Facebook page each day and in the event of delays.
I cannot find how to book my child on the trip?
All of the Eventbrite booking pages can be found through our BOOKINGS PAGE, for CLOSED ENTRY activities you will also need the unique code included on the personalised letter.
If the event doesn’t appear, click on ‘Next Events’ at the bottom of the page.
I’ve made an error whilst inputting my / my child’s details?
This can often be corrected by logging into EVENTBRITE with the email used to book the ticket, click ‘TICKETS’ in the top right, select the ticket with the error and click ‘EDIT’. If this is not possible you can message The BHY via Facebook and someone will help you.
My child has received a ‘Stage’ or behaviour consequence recently, can they still attend?
The BHY takes behaviour into account when allocating places for trips & activities, if we believe that their behaviour requires exclusion from any activity we will make contact with you directly.
My child has received a place on some activities but not others, why is this?
Each activity has limited places, and these can differ each week. They may have been high enough up the list for some activities but not others. They can still attempt to get any spare places when they become available on Monday 16th July at 9am.
What happens if my child misses a day or can’t attend some of the activities?
Please contact The BHY via Facebook before booking your children on the activities, we will be able to better advise you on the best option. All summer holidays activities are bound by Summer Non-Attendance Policy which can be viewed in our ‘Terms & Conditions of Registration’ at the bottom of the FAQ.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF REGISTRATION
- To register you must be an ‘ACTIVE‘ member of The BHY at the Grange Park or Bloomfield youth clubs and have attended (at least) once within the Summer Half-Term.
- The times listed on the Eventbrite events are intended as a guide. Please see your Final letter for precise times.
- Most activities are NON-RESIDENTIAL, meaning they will take part during the day and not overnight (unless specified otherwise).
- By registering you agree that your child will attend each day of activity. Failure to attend any registered activity or notify The BHY (except in the case of extenuating circumstances) will make your child subject to our Summer Non-Attendance Policy.
- Children subject to the Summer Non-Attendance Policy will lose ALL booked places on future 2018 Summer Holiday Activities, unless they pay a £20 Fee for each day they failed to attend. If you do not make contact with The BHY by the end of the missed day, the place may be re-assigned to another young person.